This page is still under construction.
Reading the Old Testament
Ecological biblical interpretation
A good, physical creation
Loss, transition and the gospel of lament
Preaching prophetically on domestic abuse
Biblical-theological perspectives on migration, seeking sanctuary and hospitality
Proclaiming the reign of Christ, the Lord
No other Old Testament book is quoted or referred to more often in the New Testament than the Psalms. We might explore:
- the psalms as the prayers of Christ,
- as prayers addressed to Christ,
- as prophecies about Christ,
- how the psalms are used in the telling of Jesus’ story,
- how they helped the New Testament writers to reflect on Christ’s significance,
- how they related them to the church as the body of Christ,
- and how we might reclaim Israel’s ancient songs and prayers today.